Poor Abby I need to do a post of just her. She's such a sweet baby. It just seems that there is more to blog about my mischievous dare devil son lately.
So after we'd been married a few months or so, while Matt and I were brushing our teeth he queried, "Why do you always tap your toothbrush on the sink when you're done?"
"Do I? Not all the time?"
"Yeah. Every time- three times."
"Really? I think I just want to knock the extra water off before I put it away- I never thought about it- I've done it forever I guess."
When I mentioned this to my sister Marti who formerly shared the teeth brushing ritual with me- she said that she noticed the triple tapping too and started doing it!
Well I've since noticed that Charlotte also taps her tooth brush. Three times.
Then the other day while brushing teeth Olly climbed up on the stool- so proud of being big like sister, and proceeded to tap his tiny tooth brush three times!
My question is mom and dad- which one of you taps your toothbrush? Or maybe I'm the original OCD toothbrush tapper.
Any funny quirks you or your spouse noticed when you got married? Any you've passed on to your kids?
Of course I tap my toothbrush (several times) - so does Ryan and all the kids. Who wants a soggy toothbrush??
ReplyDeleteAs for strange quirks, too many to even think about:)
I'm a triple tapper too, and so is Sam!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure we have LOTS of quirks. I love/hate how kids mirror all of the little details we would unlikely never notice. For example, Noah always says, "Oh honey!" which I never realized I said a lot...or he's been pretending to do the "pick & flick" of the nose to copy Daddy. Haha! I'll have to keep thinking about this one and get back to you :)
ReplyDeleteThat's fabulous! And just look at those blue eyes!
ReplyDeleteI think Dad does the triple tap. I've never noticed if John or I do it.
ReplyDeleteI tap my toothbrush, and so do my kids (because I put that in the routine--it's like flush, close the lid, wash your hands)! I don't know how many times I do, but in my opinion it is gross if you don't. Seriously, all of that moisture just festering?!?! I am sure Travis doesn't. He just makes a big mess!
ReplyDeletePorter has those same pj's that Olly is wearing! What a cutie!
I tap mine too. I wonder if it is three times.
ReplyDeleteI seriously never tapped my toothbrush on the sink before I noticed you doing it in high school. It's contagious. Like how I never popped my knuckles until I noticed dad do it one time when I was like 12.
ReplyDeletep.s. Olly is so dang cute.
Those Olly pics are so darling. But I was hoping it was a post about Abby! I'll have to get back to you on the toothbrush tap... I might do it.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure. I'm going to be watching and listening to see if it is your Dad that taps, taps, taps. If it's me I don't even realize it, how crazy is that. I enjoyed the post. What a cute boy!!! Mom
ReplyDeleteI tap my toothbrush three times, who knew?
ReplyDelete