Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Halloween Fairytale

Once upon a time there was a handsome prince



(I know he looks like the Burger King but work with me here)

Who wanted to find his true love and make her a princess

(I squeezed into my old prom dress. Let's just say it's a little tighter than it used to be but it was the best princess outfit I had so I was glad it fit after a fashion)

So he put a little sweet pea under a huge stack of mattresses to see if the princess would wake up at night.







Well the sweet pea did an amazing job of keeping the princess up all night (honestly the little sweet pea does such a good job most people would wake up). The prince realized she really was his true love and they all lived happily ever after.


So what I want to know is when the little sweet pea decides it's time to stop doing her job of waking up the princess?

Here was the alternate costume underneath because it was 90 + degrees here making poor Charlotte a pretty sweaty Sweet Pea. The skeleton onesie (it glows in the dark by the way) is from our friends Kenny and Aprilynne and the cute bow (so everyone knows she's a girl not a goth) is from my cousin's wife Melissa.

11 comments:

  1. ...and they lived sleep-deprivedly ever after! The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You guys were so cute. I can't believe you can fit into that dress so soon after having a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that was super creative!! I can't believe you can fit into your old prom dress - how fabulous! And your baby is soooo beautiful. Honestly, she is.

    Hmmmm ... when do babies stop waking you ... obviously relative on the baby and the mama, but I would say a normal baby will go 8 hour nights between 6-9 months. But between 4-6 months they normally will wake only once a night. Honestly, though, learning day from night takes the first 6-8 weeks, and is pretty miserable for all parties! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressed you fit into your old prom dress (and you just had a baby)!
    little peas are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the jeans and the flip flops underneath the princes outfit. It was all very cute. I'm sorry I didn't get my own pictures but I'm glad you shared them on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fairytales, You guys are sooo-creative and a good sport Matt to dress up every year. Give that little sweet pea a kiss from Grandma. Love to ALL

    ReplyDelete
  7. You three are the cutest! Erin, I think you look fabulous in your prom dress just a month or two after having a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. way too cute! you are so creative with the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i taught myself, it was my minor at BYUI!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done. That Burger King guy is way creepy, too, so it's a great Halloween costume regardless!

    ReplyDelete