The day before my 38th birthday my sweet friend Chandra Goodman passed away after almost 11 years of fighting cancer off and on. Even though she'd been sick for so long it still hit me pretty hard. She was born the same year I was, and her only daughter Kaydence is right between my girls' ages. She lived near the end of Nevada Way from August 2015-May 2019 when she got cancer for the last time and moved to her parents and then Eastmark. She was my ministering sister and we served in young women's together for a few years. I feel so blessed by her example and friendship. She was such a light. She lived life so fully and joyfully. She didn't waste the precious time she has with negativity or worry. She loved and served and had tons of fun and included everyone. I learned so much from the way she lived her life and handled her trials of cancer and infertility. She was one of the most Christlike people I know. Her funeral was January 28th, it was so hard to watch Kaydence cry during the musical number and realize she won't have her mom on this earth. The musical number by Rachel DesVergnes was perfect and her dad had the funniest stories about Chandra growing up.
I have an alarm on my phone to pray for her for years at 9am. The first time it went off on my birthday, I started praying for Tanner and Kaydence instead and in gratitude for Chandra being such a magnification of Christ's love for me and so many others. I took pictures of pictures from the album her mom made for her last birthday on earth so the quality isn't the best.
 |
| Our Last Night of Excellence with Liahona ward, right after the ward's separated in Chandra's backyard in November 2017 We had so much fun putting on fundraisers, having parties at her parent's house, movie nights, couples Valentine parties, and Book of Mormon photo shoots. She took our Whitmer family pictures also in 2017. She hosted a few Princess Balls and Abby, Charlotte and Matt got to go to one. |
 |
| She took all the curveballs of life and showed us all how to go through hard trials with joy and so much faith. She had such a strong child-like faith and she loved to share her testimony. |
 |
| Chandra always planned the best birthdays. We did a staycation at a hotel, dinner, massages, a movie, and breakfast. It was so much fun! R to L Rachel DesVergnes, Mica Mckee, Chandra Goodman, Erin Whitmer, Lori Wood, Sarah Done, Angie Papa, Sarah Blake. I love these ladies! |
 |
| Chandra loved to host parties, especially karaoke nights at her parents! |
 |
| I think this is at Chandra's house but I don't remember the occasion. |
 |
| Soda/Swig shop walk, Chandra met us there in her golf cart- she loved to drive around! R to L Sarah Done, Cayleen Lyons, Rachel DesVergnes, Chandra Goodman, Jami Hatch, Michelle Parker, Erin Whitmerrr |
I took these pictures to be able to find her grave and visit her in Mesa Cemetary since it's one of my favorite things to do. I'm so glad her grave is close to my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment