Friday, August 28, 2026

Utah Emma Lion Girls Trip- Day 2- Hiking & Book Crawl!

 We started our Friday with a hike to Battle Creek falls- it was short and nice! 

Erin, Allie & Andrea- so happy to be out of the AZ heat!

Kori & Erin-sister who love waterfalls!

Then we headed back to Kori's to shower and head out on a book store crawl!

First we stopped at Moon's Rare Books
They had amazing first editions of so many books I love!  I loved getting to see talk to the employees and I might have teared up when she got out the copy of Jane Eyre!

Anne of Green Gables first edition!

Jane Austen early editions!

Jane Eyre early editions!


My parents met us there for a bit on their PDay!  I stopped in next door to buy Volume 4 for my friend Paula.  My first time seeing and buying Emma Lion in a bookstore in person, not just Amazon.

Then we parked in Downtown Provo and went to Pioneer Books (more of a thrift bookstore). I loved the stacked books around the register and the painting on the front of the building.




Our third and final bookstore was my favorite of the day, Planted in Pages.  It's inside a cute historic home and each room has a different genre theme.   We walked over from Pioneer books.


Historic Beebe House 1902 Pattern Book Design

They definitely had the best seletion including one copy of  Volume 1 &2 of the UK editions- I bought volume 2!  Then the cashier told us Beth Brower stops by somethimes (as an author and gardner I'm sure this is exactly the shop for her!) and signs some copies!  So then we had to go check all the books!  I got a signed Volume 5 copy!


They even had a very well behaved cat!


Allie and I by the Classics of Course!

I loved all the paintings inside!

They also sell plants!  What a fun combo books & plants in the same lovely building!



Erin, Andrea, Becca, Allie, Kori- Summer took the pictures!

One of our favorite details was the unique sealing wax stamps on each book package you bought!

We walked down a different street to see more of historic Provo!

An old seminary building!




We stopped inside the Provo City Center Temple- I love that they turned this historic tabernacle that burned into a temple!

Just as we were leaving the temple a crazy dust storm blew up so much wind and dust- then it turned into rain!  We saw this French Bakery & Cafe across the street and decided we needed to seek shelter-


And proceded to buy7 different pastries to share!


We walked around a bit more and saw a few more historic sites and a painting gallery- then decided to try this restaurant Edna's.








Then we headed back to Kori's I put my hair in rollers and we watched Austenland to really get into the spirit of going to an immersive book experience the next day!  Allie had never seen it!  Lots of Emma theories chatting!

No comments:

Post a Comment