Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blessings


Charlotte FINALLY had her blessing at Church on December 7th. Yes, we're trying to instill a sense of patriotism in her very young; born on Sept. 11th blessed on Pearl Harbor Day. She was almost 3 months old which is entirely too old according to my brother who blesses his babies when they are one or two week's old. I'm just glad the dress fit her and I'm getting enough sleep to feel like I could handle all the preparations. Although I did stay up until midnight getting everything ready and still felt like a zombie.

My cute parents


I wish I had taken more pictures of everyone but I was just too busy. Most of these are from my in-laws camera. It was a great day! We had all 5 of her living great-grandparents come, all of her grandparents, many aunts, uncles, and cousins and a few friends even. We had a total of 27 people come. It was a houseful. Thank you to everyone who made the trip, brought food, and supported Charlotte on her big day.

She wore the same dress I wore when I was blessed almost 24 years ago. She looked so cute. We were nervous that she would scream during the blessing but she fell asleep. What a good baby! Matt did a great job on the blessing even though he was nervous. It was a great day!

This picture with her great-grandpa Fife is my favorite.


P.S. All you literary fans... I've posted two widgets on the sidebar if you scroll down. Which Jane Austen character are you, and (I'm a bit embarrassed about this one) which Twilight character are you? If you do it tell me who you are in the comments. I love stuff like this.

8 comments:

  1. Madi got blessed at 2.5 months. Lia was only a few weeks. Charlie was 7 weeks.

    It doesn't matter when, as it's not a saving ordinance. Just do it when family can come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful day. She's so cute and I too like that smile with Great Grandpa Fife. Thanks for all of your hard work and great food. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have been there. Looks like a special day. I really like the smiling picture of Charlotte being held by her Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks adorable!! What a fun day. Both of our kids were 3 months old when they were blessed as well. We never had such a crowd! How fun. Everyone looks adorable. (including you!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think 3 months is too old! I know a baby who was blessed at 18 months. That's not a baby blessing, that's a toddler blessing!! Anyway, I love that she was blessed in the same dress as you were. I found my own baby blessing dress when I first got pregnant with Elijah (and was hoping he was a girl), but I have yet to use it. We're crossing our fingers that the next is a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's such a cute little baby doll! Don't listen to Jesse, he just likes to blow smoke. I don't even know what Alyn and I were bless in?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matthew was about the same age when he was blessed. And my Twilight character is Bella! :) It was so good to see you over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stayed up really late the night before Ben's blessing too! She is so pretty in her dress!

    ReplyDelete