and today is my 25th birthday!
If you'd like to see some pictures of chubby little Erin growing up check out this highly-colored, (as in through rose colored glasses) birthday blog post by my sister Alyn. I really do have great siblings.
In honor of my Quarter Century Birthday I'm posting my New Year's Resolutions. I love how other people do this to keep them more accountable... I'm just a little late. Here are the goals I'd really like to make now that I'm getting to be so grown-up in my “mid-twenties.”
1. 30 min. of scripture/spiritual reading every day, finish reading the Book of Mormon again at least once
2. Sincere morning and evening prayers each day
3. Go to the temple once a month (I get a few months leeway for the twins, anyone volunteering to babysit so we can do this one?)
4. Make sleep a priority- go to bed early, take a nap when the kids (hard to believe I will have plural soon) are sleeping
5. Gain- and then hopefully lose- 30-40 lbs, eat my pregnancy “daily dozen” & 8 glasses of water
6. Stick to weekly cleaning schedule
7. Write in my journal and baby books at least weekly
8. Exercise 3x per week (until the doctor tells me to stop)
9. Read 6 new classic books (Any recommendations of your favorites would be great! I need some intellectual stimulation before these babies come.)
10. Be less critical, more positive and patient (use journal to monitor)
1. 30 min. of scripture/spiritual reading every day, finish reading the Book of Mormon again at least once
2. Sincere morning and evening prayers each day
3. Go to the temple once a month (I get a few months leeway for the twins, anyone volunteering to babysit so we can do this one?)
4. Make sleep a priority- go to bed early, take a nap when the kids (hard to believe I will have plural soon) are sleeping
5. Gain- and then hopefully lose- 30-40 lbs, eat my pregnancy “daily dozen” & 8 glasses of water
6. Stick to weekly cleaning schedule
7. Write in my journal and baby books at least weekly
8. Exercise 3x per week (until the doctor tells me to stop)
9. Read 6 new classic books (Any recommendations of your favorites would be great! I need some intellectual stimulation before these babies come.)
10. Be less critical, more positive and patient (use journal to monitor)
I tried to think of goals that would help me keep my sanity in this year of big changes and give me the things I need to feel good. I realize some of them might be harder to do once the babies come but some of them I need to do even more after that! I'll let you know how I'm doing periodically.
Also in honor of 100 posts I'm going to have a giveaway for my wonderful dedicated readers. I'll post some pictures of things I've made or things I'd like to make (sorry most of them are baby related) and if you win you may choose which item you'd like and I'll give/mail it to you. It can be for you or you can give it as a baby gift to someone else.
Here are some of the options:
1. Hair bow. You choose the color or send a picture of the outfit you want to match and I'll make the bow for a headband or hair.
2. Full size hooded towel. These work until your kids are 4 or 5- much thicker and bigger than the store kind. Brown with pink or blue polk-a-dot ribbon
3. This matching nursing cover and wipe/diaper case. (If you really want this I'll consider making another one with a different fabric, especially if you have a boy)
4. Embroidered shirt/hat/blanket- I haven't attempted this one yet but I'd like to embroider some things for the twins. I was inspired by this website. I especially like the ZZZZ jamies. You choose what article of clothing and the words you want on it and I'll make it. If I try it and it flops I'll let you choose something else!

Above 3 pictures taken from tinysprouts.com
5. Your choice. If you have another craft you'd like but don't have the time for send me a picture and I'll attempt it or let you know if it's out of my league. Or if you live close I can babysit for a couple hours, or help you organize a closet/space or party.
I'm excited to see what people pick. I love a good excuse to make or give away something!
Here's how you enter-
1. Post any kind of comment on this post and you'll be entered once.
2. You'll be entered twice if your comment tells me what new topics you'd like me to blog about or what types of topics you'd like to see more often. This is an attempt to hear what my readers would like to actually read and give myself some new blogging ideas. "More pictures of Charlotte" doesn't qualify since that is over-done on Whitmer Matters already!
I will randomly select a winner probably next Sunday1/24, but I might have a runner-up based on the best comment!
I will randomly select a winner probably next Sunday1/24, but I might have a runner-up based on the best comment!


Hmmm...let's see...you could write about:
ReplyDelete-Book recommendations
-How you feel about having the twins and motherhood in general
-How your religion plays a role in your everyday life
-Crafting
-Random thoughts or funny moments
-ANYTHING...you have a knack for writing!!
Great goals!
ReplyDeleteI would love to hear if you are still using cloth diapers and what you think of them.
We are having our baby tomorrow and I plan to walk a couple of miles today, so hopefully you won't have to stop exercising!
Happy Birthday! You have been busy, I love it all, and would LOVE to win the matching nursing coer and wipes case.
ReplyDeleteBlog about Cornville! Besides your totally adorable daughter and the fact that you are carrying twins in that tiny body, I would love to hear about that :)
Happy Birthday! I can't believe how old we are getting!
ReplyDeleteI Loved the post about the cloth diapers. I thought you were so cleaver and thurough. I trust your opinion too. I would like to see you do more reviews on child and household things. Like a tester. You could do a weekly or monthly thing.
ok I will stop now that I have written a novel!
I also think you would be good at like a book club. You could share your thoughts and make recomendations. If it was made into a movie you can compare the two, ect.
Once the twins come you could talk about how your life has changed with them. Most people won't have twins and I think it would be interesting to know the differences, challenges and positives.
I made a list of things I wanted to do before I died, and thought it would make a good ongoing post. When you complete a task you blog about it. I think I will do this one too.
Okay so Alyn confused me by titling it 'half birthday'- guess it is your realy birthday! Hope it was a good one! I love your goals and hope to see pictures of you throughout this pregnancy to see if you get a lot bigger now that it is too! Good luck with the exercising- that was my goal with Lucas, and I had to stop at 19 weeks, so it has been 21 weeks since I have exercised! Yuck!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Erin!!!
ReplyDeleteI would love you to write everything about the twins!!! And of course "more pictures of Charlotte".
:)
Yay for 100 wonderful posts! I just love reading your blog Erin! It's always enjoyable to read. I would like to hear about what you plan on doing/or are doing now to help when you have tough days. If you need more specifics, you can call me and I'll let you know.
ReplyDeleteThanks for being so great. Hope your birthday was great!
Happy Birthday, Erin! I loved reading and seeing the pictures on your sister's blog. It must have been wonderful growing up with so many siblings and then nieces and nephews.
ReplyDeleteGiveaways are great. I just got a new sewing machine for Christmas, and I am very excited to find some new projects to break it in. I would love to know how you make the towels. I also wouldn't mind winning one of those towels! There's an idea for blogs right there, instructions (with pictures) for some of the things that you make.
I love those hooded towels! I might need you to tell me how you make them! By the way, to follow up with the text I sent you... We were at the temple and I had about 30 minutes to kill, so I thought maybe I'd stop by but it was really short notice and by the time I got your text, we were almost ready to go. Chris and I take turns and the kids just play on the grass. Anyway since that is really not related at all.... I'd love to hear more about your day to day life. How things go with Charlotte, what your schedule is like, what you do with your free time. Do you have a lot of girls' nights/days or moms' outings? And I am DYING to know how it feels to be pregnant with two babies. Can you feel them both move? How different is it than it was with Charlotte? Some tutorials would be great, too. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope we can meet up next month when we go to the temple! I'll call you in advance next time. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! I remember back when I was only a quarter of a century old. . . or do I? :) Those are great (and ambitious) goals! I need to apply most of those myself. Not having a problem with the pregnancy weight gain, though. Already gained too much, unfortunately. You are far too nice with your giveaway! All of those are super cute.
ReplyDeleteOk, I think you should definitely put pics of how your belly is growing! And tell us which classic books you decide to read and how you like them--I should be doing that too. I have such a hard time finding time to read--I'm struggling to just get the scriptures and the Ensign in! This isn't a classic, but it's what I'm reading right now, and it's very good--The Anatomy of Peace. Basically a self-help written in novel format. Good sound principles for getting along with people.
Good luck with all those goals! I was going to volunteer for the temple babysitting, but then remembered I'd have a baby then too!
How did I miss your birthday?! Happy Belated. Hope you had a fabulous quarter century celebration.
ReplyDeleteYour giveways are pretty cute, Erin. I must say that if I don't win something (no pressure) you'll have to teach me how to make a nursing cover. I'll need one for the next time around.
Classic books? My favorite book of all time is "Gone With the Wind." Can you consider yourself a true reader without reading this? I'm also a huge "Wuthering Heights" and "Sherlock Holmes" fan. If you'd like some recommedations off the beaten path, I have a few favorites in that category too.
Happy Birthday (I now consider myself your friend :))!!! So fun to reach 100 posts, and even funner to give stuff away! I love it all! The hooded towels are great, but I would need two (as not to neglect a twin), so maybe the nursing cover (I've made one, but not for myself) and the wipes cover....
ReplyDeleteAs for blog posts... I love the twin info :). Otherwise good books (I like your sidebar book review list) since I tend to not read much other than the scriptures etc. Tutorials are fun. I like life posts and oh, the baby trial thing was cool too, you did a good job with the cloth diapers! I enjoy checking in and seeing what you all are up to :).
Can I enter even though I'm your sister and see you all the time, Tanner really needs one of those hooded towels! As far as blog posts I think you'll be doing good just to keep it up after the twins are born. At least get pictures up even if you don't have time for your great long thoughtful posts. Even if I don't win can I trade some cute girly bibs I'm making for a towel?
ReplyDeleteYour goals make me feel tired...
ReplyDeleteIt's quite interesting the blogging suggestions everyone gave... I wonder if I could get some ideas from people...
I don't think I need any of the crafty items. Charlie wouldn't look good in a bow. But they are cute.
And sorry Melissa for confusing the birthday, half birthday issue. Erin's birthday, my half birthday... I can't believe no one sent me presents...
It's not overly rose-colored, Erin. I honestly don't remember a bunch of bad stuff about you that I'm leaving out.
I love the ideas. It would be great to get together and make some crafties together. I would like to hear more about how to make that, or even some fun dinner ideas. I get to be a mommy now and not just a work-aholic. I would love to get together and make stuff. As for a good book, I'm reading the Phantom Tollbooth to Ada and I really like it so far. It's interesting and fun. I want to read more now too. Anyway, love the giveaway idea. You are so cute! Let's get together sometime!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Erin! I always love reading your blog and envy your writing ability! No need to enter me to for your givaways but I do want to place an order when I find out the sex of my friend's baby. I LOVE the towel!!! It is the perfect size. I want one of those plus a nursing cover and diaper case. I'll keep you updated :)
ReplyDeleteKeep up the wonderful blog!
Erin, I thought you might want to check this blog.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.multiplesandmore.blogspot.com/
:)
Happy Birthday Erin. You have some wonderful goals. A lot of them sounds like things that I should be doing. Of course at my stage of life the temple one is easy for me. We go every week. You've got some nice gifts there. It's been fun looking at baby things with Lorraine. It's exciting to have a new grandson. I don't really have many ideas to blog about. I have a hard time with my own blog, but am trying to keep my family informed of what's happening in my life. Of course I do put a few scrapbook pages because it forces me to take pictures and tell stories about our life and that of our grandchildren. Good luck with your twins. I am glad to be a twin.
ReplyDeleteI love your goals! And you're smart to pick things that will help you keep your sanity. Spirituality always seems to do the trick for me! In case it comes to this, if you don't have babysitters one month, we will often take turns going (Wed night and Thurs night, or Sat morn and Sat afternoon) and doing initiatory. We are apart doing them anyway, so it doesn't seem so bad not to go together. Just an idea.
ReplyDeleteAs for posting ideas, I love stories from people's past. You know, your most embarrassing event from high school. Or some time you had a slip of the tongue said something you didn't mean. (Oooh, I'm giving myself post ideas!) Or some silly thing that happened as a kid. I also like lists. You know, your five favorite songs as a teenager, or your top ten classes at college, or the seven hardest things about motherhood, etc. Yeah, okay, I'm copying and pasting this list for myself. I needed some ideas. Thanks for that! :)
ps. Happy birthday!!
ReplyDeleteI love the hair bow and hooded towel option! Decisions, decisions.. it would be a hard one! You are so crafty I love it!
ReplyDeleteI would love to hear more about the pregnancy. When will you start to feel them moving? Will it be sooner because there are twice the amount of limbs kicking around in there? (By the way I am so excited for you two!)
Erin- I'm sorry I didn't call you on your birthday! I'm a lousy sis-in-law. *sigh* I thought about it so many times, and then when I had time, I forgot! You know how that goes... but I'm sorry! Did you do anything fun for it? Happy Belated! I'm excited to see you tomorrow night! =)
ReplyDeleteSo... I have a brilliant idea of what you should write about. Hopefully this hasn't been suggested already... I didn't read all the above comments, but once the twins come, I think it would be so fun to compare all the milestones with the two of them and with Charlotte. (How old they are/ Charlotte was when they roll over, smile, giggle, say their first word, get hair (hehe- I love Charlotte!), etc.)
By the way- your goals intimidate me! I try to set one or two and have a hard time with them! You're just amazing, and I love you!
-Audrey
Your blog is really cute! I love the background. Those hooded towels look great too. Very good idea to make them full sized. Did you make all of those things?! You are a amazing!
ReplyDelete