While we were remodeling...
#1 The cabinet guys snapped the cord on the garage door opener- so I had to open it manually for a month or two- which means a lot more parking in the driveway- I'm not a fan.
#2 Our 3 year new a/c unit died on a Friday afternoon before the 2nd install weekend on the cabinets. It's hard to get your kids to take a nap when your house is 89 degrees. At least this happened in October when it was slightly cooler or we would have shelled out the big bucks for a weekend repair. I'm sure the cabinet guys loved working in our hot house. Luckily it was only for 3 days until Matt and his Dad replaced the capacitor for $40. I love a/c.
#3 The kids practiced flushing our flusher right off our guest/kid toilet. So you had to lift the lid off the back and pull the lever out of the tank and flush every.single.time. We were so busy it didn't get replaced for about a week- the same week my parents stayed with us and Matt's entire family came for dinner. Great timing kids.
#4 The driver's side window in my car stopped working (my old car not the mini van)- how am I supposed to go to the bank or pick up Chick-filet for lunch?
#5 A drunk motorcyclist sideswiped our car at midnight right outside our house, sent our recycling trash can sailing into the neighbors yard, and finally stopped on my sister's truck bumper and our sidewalk. That's the reader's digest version- I'll tell you the longer version in another post.
#6 The same tire the motorcycle hit got a slow leak that same week- totally unrelated to the motorcycle, but maybe not the construction. I had a screw in my tire. By some miracle we had purchased the warranty so it was covered!

All of these repairs involved poor Matt doing most of the fixing- he was a busy busy guy. If we ever remodel again we'll have to include the usual cushion for added expenses for the actual remodel and the rest of the house and cars apparently.

I still wish I could see the new stuff in person! Need more kitchen pics! That's a crazy list of stuff.
ReplyDeleteOh wow! Crazy and exciting things at your house.
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed at how quickly things got fixed! We are terrible at just working around the broken things until they become normal. Best of luck and I can't wait to see the new kitchen pics!
ReplyDeleteIsn't home-ownership a beautiful thing sometimes?
ReplyDelete