Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blessing Day

The pictures are finally uploaded!  Be prepared for lots of posts this week, I hope!  

Starting with Miles' blessing today at church!  Blessing days are so happy.  We are lucky to have so many family and friends close enough to come! Matt gave Miles a wonderful blessing and we loved having a houseful of people (32!) here to celebrate Miles.  

4 Generations on my Diehl side of the family.  Miles is lucky to have 4 great-grandparents still living, but 3 of them weren't able to make it this time and they were greatly missed.
Granddad and Grandma Diehl- they drove down from Cornville and brought my favorite dessert after being up 'til midnight packaging bear meat.  My dad finally killed his first bear.  He  had a banner hunting year and also got a deer and buffalo!
Whitmers!


Matt and Mini-Matt

And this is what it really looks like when you try to get 2 three-year-olds to be in a picture.  This was as good as it got even with candy bribery.  They promptly wanted their candy for being "good" for the pictures!  Ha!  I hope we all survive until 4 some days!

I used the same blessing outfit I bought/made for Olly.   He looked so cute in his little button shirt, tie, and linen pants. Miles did great being awake for his blessing without crying.  He had to be taken out twice during the rest of the meeting but at least he was good for his big moment!  

As I cradled Miles this morning the thought came to me of the bundle of possibilities that lie that ahead for this sweet baby boy.  It is awe inspiring to think of all he will experience in what I hope is a long, surprising, wonderful life.  I love being a part of his beginning.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! What a sweet little boy. Glad things went well, and sad we missed it. And holy cow, he is mini Matt and Matt looks just like his dad. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Miles definitely got the tall genes.He looks so long to me! Glad it went well. Blessing days are a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessing and hosting a crowd - you are my hero. I love your dress. Is that the same one I've been eye-balling on shabby apple?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could have been there! Glad it all went well. I love your dress Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad we could be there. What a wonderful, sweet, boy he is. We love watching our grandchildren grow. We are so richly blessed. Love Grandma and Grandad

    ReplyDelete