So good to be done!
I feel committed to at least 2 more years to finish my AZ medals, I hope I can make my goal. Every year it confirms to me I don't want to do the training for a full marathon for sure!
Training was harder to fit in this time! I missed a few long runs because of Matt in Peru/going to Cornville and going on a young women cabin trip. I mostly trained with just Cassie and Angie or her friend Amber a few times. I started to get shin splins the last 2 weeks of training. I was scared to get new shoes but looking back I should have just done it, because running that many miles a week I definitely would have worn them in.
I sure missed Sunny and Kelli to run together like the last 2 years. Luckily Stephanie Ison and Monique Decker are just a mile or so away and let me ride with them and our pace ended up being very compatible.
It was freezing waiting at the start line so long. I did not like using the port a potties. The race felt faster overall than last year, even though my time was 1 min 41 seconds slower. I think since I'd already done it once. We walked through the water stations and I think that slowed me down a bit. At the very end both Steph and Monique sprinted ahead and I had nothing left. My legs could not go any faster. I had to take almost 2 months off to heal my shin splins and buy new shoes. Hopefully next year I can avoid the shin splins. I always have visions of getting a 2 hour time but I'll have to learn how to train faster to make that happen. I'm always much faster on race day and enjoy the fun of it.
I sure missed Sunny and Kelli to run together like the last 2 years. Luckily Stephanie Ison and Monique Decker are just a mile or so away and let me ride with them and our pace ended up being very compatible.
It was freezing waiting at the start line so long. I did not like using the port a potties. The race felt faster overall than last year, even though my time was 1 min 41 seconds slower. I think since I'd already done it once. We walked through the water stations and I think that slowed me down a bit. At the very end both Steph and Monique sprinted ahead and I had nothing left. My legs could not go any faster. I had to take almost 2 months off to heal my shin splins and buy new shoes. Hopefully next year I can avoid the shin splins. I always have visions of getting a 2 hour time but I'll have to learn how to train faster to make that happen. I'm always much faster on race day and enjoy the fun of it.
![]() |
| Copper, Cattle, Cotton... |
Division 128/274
F 30-34
6641
Erin Whitmer
First 6.9 miles 1:06:45 9:41 pace place 1760
Last 10K 1:01:48 9:58 pace 1788 place
2:08:32 9:49 pace
| 1737 | 128/274 | F 30-34 | 6641 | Erin Whitmer | 1:06:45 | 9:41 | 1760 | 1:01:48 | 9:58 | 1788 | 2:08:32 | 9:49 |





Marathon = death. Good choice. ;-)
ReplyDelete