I've had requests for more pictures. I kept waiting for something out of the ordinary to happen but every day is some variation of feeding, diaper changes, sleeping, trying to get something done, crying, repeat. It's going well. I'm still a little scared of taking her places. I don't want her to catch every one's germs so Matt and I have been taking turns going places. She's had a ton of visitors. Like 25 since we've been home. She's gaining weight fast. She's was up to 5#12 oz at two weeks.
It's hard to imagine life without her. Right now I feel like my whole existence revolves around her. I'm getting more used to waking up at night. She usually goes a 3 or 4 hour stretch which is about as long as her little tummy can be expected to go. The nice part is that she usually goes right back to sleep now and does minimal crying at night. Her cranky time of day is actually in the morning. She is becoming more alert. She has a very expressive little face. She's getting more used to diaper changes but she still doesn't like to be naked. She loves to be held, sung to, and talked to. So far she's not a big fan of her swing.
Charlotte's first real bath after her umbilical cord fell off when she was 6 days old. She screamed the entire time except when we used the sink sprayer on her head. She broke in her rookie parents very well by pooping in the sink. Matt and I had a nice discussion about who got to pull the plug. I was the lucky winner.
Cute yellow flower outfit from Auntie Alyn. It's preemie size so it actually fits!
Everyone always told me, "Everything changes when you have a baby". I never really understood until we had Spencer. It's amazing how your whole life does revolve around that little person.
ReplyDeleteShe is sooooo precious! My babies are significantly bigger at birth, and I still have preemie clothes for the first couple weeks. They are just so small when they are born. Word to the wise: when you do start going out, I would put mittens on or those fold-over sleeves that cover her hands. Strange people love to touch babies' hands, and then the yucky germs seem to go right into the babies' mouths. Ew. You look fabulous, by the way. No, I don't believe she could ever have fit inside your tiny tummy!
ReplyDeleteI like that picture of Erin's baby Charlotte in the flower costume, and I like the flower headband on her head. =Lia
ReplyDeleteCharlotte is so cute. I like the picture of her when she got out of her bath. -Madi
Thanks for the cute pictures. Wish we were there for Charlotte visiting hours. Drink lots of water. Rest in your bed. Take naps, I know you're tired...
Oh, she's adorable... and she's so little! When I say little, I mean, tall but little. Is that possible? Keep posting those pictures.
ReplyDeleteOh, it's so nice to see how she's growing. I even feel to far away. Yes, your whole life really changes. Well that's one way to get the sink sanitized. Lucky you, Erin. Thanks for the pictures, keep um coming. Love Charlotte's Grandma
ReplyDeleteI love her expression in the 2nd picture. She looks surprised. She is so small and so cute. Glad to hear everything is going well.
ReplyDeleteyay! She is even cuter than the last bunch of photos! I love her eyes! I am so glad she is growing so well! i feel like my baby is sooo tiny, but i can't figure out how he fit inside of me either!
ReplyDeleteShe looks very put out in that after-bath picture, I can imagine her thinking, wishing she could use her words: "Now really parents, was that necessary? Come on."
ReplyDelete