Sunday, June 6, 2010

They're Here!


Kiera Victoria 8lbs 10oz
Sorry it's out of focus

Trac Ridge 6lbs

Okay, okay, in case you haven't figured it out these are our new niece and nephew, NOT our twins. Kind of mean, and now no one will believe us when they really do come, but I couldn't resist. I sit on the couch all day so this is how I get my thrills. If you believed our twins were that big, or had as much hair as Trac, you're crazy!

Kiera is Charlotte's first cousin on the Whitmer side. We are so excited to have another kid on that side! Matt went after Charlotte's bedtime to meet her, so I still haven't seen her. She had to be in the NICU for a few days, but we're so glad that she's doing well now. Congratulations Katherine and Brian!
What a cute family! How great does my sister-in-law look after a c-section?! She is super woman!

Trac was born at 35 weeks on his dad's (my brother Jesse's) 30th birthday. Very cool they get to get to be exactly 30 years apart! It was also my nephew Tanner's 1st birthday, my cousin Jacob's 15th birthday, and my niece Lia turned 7 the next day. We like to share birthdays in our family!

We were praying Trac would do well being born so early and he did. He only went to the nursery for one night for a little grunting trying to get his lungs to expand, then he was fine and went home 2 days later with his mom. What a blessing. He is so cute and sweet. Charlotte was good with me holding him but she did want to hug and kiss him and point to his eyes, nose, mouth... We'll work on the whole not touching baby's face thing.

We were lucky enough to be at the hospital when Trac's big brother and sister came to meet him. It was pretty much the cutest thing ever. Cai was SO excited! He kept saying over and over, "I'm SOOOOO happy!" Then he would say, "My smile is bigger than yours!" They are going to be great with him! Congratulations Jesse, Mindy, Cai and Maya!

We're so happy too to have them both here after some pretty tricky pregnancies. Now that our babies are next for both families it feels a lot closer. I'm glad they waited for both of their cousins to come first- now they just need to hang in there a few more weeks for me and my doctor to be happy. I'm sure they are going to look so small even compared to Trac, but especially compared to Kiera. How fun to have a cousin so close in age on each side of the family!

11 comments:

  1. You are mean to try and fool us. I'm glad I've been around soooo I know that you're pulling our leg. Stay on the couch. 34 weeks tomorrow and counting. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to be really mad if you didn't phone me! What are the chances that you would blog before you of Mom phoned me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That WAS mean! I was so sorry to miss your shower...but I had an AWFUL stomach bug the night before and we didn't want to share-
    Keep cooking those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is nice that your twins will have cousins close to their age. Your twins don't need to be in too much of a rush to get here. We want them to be able to get home to mom and dad quickly after they are born.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it's easier to remember Birthday's when they are all the same. I still haven't seen Trac yet, I'm sure he'll be huge by the time I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good joke- i was staring at that 8 pound stat and thought for sure you misprinted. Then I saw the name Trac and knew that was Jesse&Mindy's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you definitely got me for a second, although I was really confused!

    First thought: Kiera. Kind of a unique name for Erin (my cousin actually has a Kiera). But Victoria sounds like something she would like. I guess it fits. (Have you seen The Young Victoria movie? It is really good. And PG.)

    Second thought: Wait a second, 8lbs 10 oz is huge for twins. And Erin is so tiny. How is that possible??

    Third thought: Trac Ridge. Cute, but I wouldn't have expected that kind of name from Erin. (Sam's cousin named their baby Titan Rex and they call him T-Rex. Have I already told you that?)

    Fourth thought: 6 lbs is more like it. But I thought the boy twin was the more hearty one. Maybe I'm confused.

    Then I got to the first real paragraph and suddenly it all made sense! Good one, Erin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is nice to have cousins so close in age. We wish you the very best with your twins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely got me on this one. I was reading it on my iTouch in Google Reader, so all I could see was the title and names. I figured it out when I read the name Trac and knew that there was no way that the same person who suggested Herman would agree to Trac. Keep those babies baking a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was mean! How fun to have all those cousins so close. Glad you're still pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mean. So so mean. BUT- I totally don't blame you. Bed rest does things to your brain ;)

    Good luck teaching Charlotte to not touch their faces. If you figure out a way to keep her away, let me know! Noah is OBSESSED with getting in Keegan's face (even blows his cold-infested breath right over his face).

    ReplyDelete