**Mr and Mrs. Potato idea totally stolen from Audrey and Dillon
The Whitmer Crew Halloween 2012
My 2nd and 3rd attempt at freezer paper stenciling went much better! I just used some plain shirts we already had and the leftover white fabric paint from Charlotte's 4 shirt. Pretty cheap costume.
How to make a potato head- 1. buy cheap hats, potatoes, grab some yarn 2. Jam screwdriver through potato 3. Shove yarn through with screwdriver 4. Poke 2 holes in hat potato width apart 5. Tie yard to the underside of hat 6. Use your best posture to attempt to keep heavy hat on your head- the tighter/stiffer the hat the better
Cinder Charlotte made another appearance (I worked hard on that dress we're getting our money's worth baby). Jessie/Abby the cowgirl told everyone who she was for weeks. And Woody/Olly the cowboy was only convinced to wear his costume when I told him he got candy if he wore it. He took off his boots and socks under the table during dinner, at the preschool party... We did the cupcake walk until they all won. I'm pretty sure it was rigged at the end. Note: 2-year-olds do not get how to walk around in a circle
Bean bag- stand right in front and set it in the mouth game
Love Abby's chaps (consignment sale find along with Olly's vest and hat)- I wanted to find/make more authentic shirts but I was still happy with the results and everyone knew who they were- although most people couldn't remember Jessie was the cowgirl's name.
Yarn braid- I made myself- very easy, I was happy with how it turned out I just safety-pinned to the back of the hat - I used this tutorial
Nothing better than finding your friend in the same princess dress!
Preschool party parade, singing, cookies, craft
Pumpkin carving- I love that it's a daddy tradition! (sneak peek of the kitchen in the background! The window seat was being finished while we were at the trunk-or-treat, and Matt put on the drawer pulls between trick-or-treaters on Oct 31st)
They were bouncing off the walls excited to go trick-or-treating again on Halloween. "Trick-or-treat Monster Feet!" as Abby would say. They were all pretty shy still but they would hold up their buckets and say it real quietly. We made it down our street and around the corner- about 1 hour- and a manageable amount of candy. Instead of trickling the candy out for weeks allowing 1 or 2 pieces a day, I let them gorge themselves a few days then the rest of the candy "disappeared". They didn't complain and I didn't have to deal with it until Christmas!
I love Halloween with little kids!

How useful was the braid tutotial? sounds like something that would be obvious... I like seeing the Mr/Mrs costumes!
ReplyDeleteIt was pretty obvious. It did have a couple tips that saved me some time. I've never worked with yarn before!
DeleteI love the costumes! The kids are adorable!
ReplyDeleteYou two looked great and I loved our matching Cinderellas. Should every girl be Cinderella once or twice?
ReplyDeleteUmm, I loved your Tantrum post. I'm so glad I'm not the only one hauling around screaming kids every once in a while. I took all four to Costco the other day right during sample time. Note to self: never do that again!
I can't believe you found those chaps and vest at a consignment sale! They're perfect!!
ReplyDelete