We blessed the twins at our church last Sunday, Sept. 26th. In our church we usually give a baby a blessing stating the baby's name and any blessings for their lives that the person giving the blessing (usually the dad) feels prompted to give. Matt did a great job even though he was nervous- especially doing two the same day. Both babies did great as well. Oliver was awake and looking around and Abigail slept until Matt held her up for everyone to see then she did a cute little super Abby stretch.
I love Oliver's stare down. Abby frequently holds her clothes with her left hand like that. I think it's a comfort thing because she hangs onto my clothes and hair a lot too. Love her little white shoes!
I never take enough pictures! Any family members that took pictures PLEASE e-mail them to me.
Abby doesn't have on her cute flower but these are the outfits. I had a hard time picking them out before they were born. Part of me wanted Abigail to wear my blessing dress like Charlotte did; but part of me wanted her to have her own to keep. I bought a pattern to make her one but when I found this sweet dress at Gap for a great price I couldn't pass it up since the one I was going to make was so similar. I like that it's short and simple. It seems to suit her and it's perfect for a summer baby.
Boy blessing outfits are some of the ugliest and most feminine things I have ever seen. It was hard to find something that didn't look like a Little Lord Fauntleroy outfit. I finally pieced this little man outfit together with linen pants (still too big) from etsy, white button-up onesie from Gap, and a tie made by yours truly. I'm pretty happy with the result.
Afterwards we had a BBQ at our house- thanks to so many people for bringing food and Marti for coming to clean my house. It ended up not being too much work for me.
The Whitmer Five. Charlotte sure knows how to work a pose! Notice the flower on Abigail.
We didn't get a shot of everyone that came but here are the 4 generations on Matt's side. I just love his grandparents!
Four generations on my side. My dad's dad and my mom's mom. It was so special to have so many of the great-grandparents there!
The twins with their cousin Kiera on the left and Trac on the right- both born the end of May, 4 days apart. Lucky them to have a cousin so close in age on each side of the family.
It was such a special and fun day! I'm always overwhelmed with how much I love my kids and our families on days like this.


Beautiful Pictures. I'm so glad that you could wait for Ruth to be there. What a special occassion for everyone.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless Abigail and Oliver. I love the outfits especially Oliver's tie. How hard was it to make that? I really want to give it a shot. These two littles look so much like their momma!
ReplyDeleteNice pedi, Erin. : )
ReplyDeleteVery cute outfits. I was hoping for the mantle shot...
I love the blessing outfits! I totally agree with the little boys blessing outfits looking to feminine. You did a good job piecing them together though! I love your striped dress! Very beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteI have never even thought about how you would bless twins! Back to back?! That is so adorable!
ReplyDeleteI love those little ties you've made. I'm happy I get to see those cute little babies a lot. Let me watch them again soon.
ReplyDeletei agree- boy blessing outfits are ugly! Luckily i found one online that I loved when Ethan was born, and they all have worn it cuz I haven't found another one I have liked since!
ReplyDeleteAmen on boys' blessing outfits looking feminine. I've also put out quite the search for Jacob's big day. I settled on one of those white mexican dress shirts. You'll have to tell me what you think.
ReplyDelete